Sunday, April 19, 2015

DigiLit Sunday: Puffin Web Browser is a Must-Have for iPad Users

Puffin Web Browser
There are some things that as soon as you learn about them you wonder where they've been all your life.  The first time I used a straightener for my hair, ate a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, made cookies with a Kitchen Aide, and had a Starbucks Marble Mocha, I asked myself this very question.  Where had each been all of my life?  The first time I went to the Pearl and had ricotta dumplings, it was the same experience.  Wowza!

At the risk of being a bit dramatic, I have to admit I felt the same way when I learned about Puffin Web Browser this week while at a conference.  At the time, I was keeping notes on my iPad.  The presenter was sharing a book online, but because it somehow involved Adobe my browser wouldn't open the PDF.  Then the presenter shared a video - same problem.  A woman at my table suggested I download Puffin Web Browser to be able to view documents and video which required Adobe to view.

Oh.  My.  Goodness.   Where had Puffin been all of my life?  Suddenly I was able to view PDF documents with ease, watch videos, and get around Flash requirements.  There are actually three versions of Puffin:  Puffin Web Browser Free, Puffin Web Browser $3.99, and Puffin Academy for kids.  I'm currently using the free version and have found I've been able to view sites and documents that once were a problem on my iPad.  This probably isn't news to you, but if you are like me and live under a rock you will be grateful for this news.  The truth will set you free!  Puffin is my new digital love!


1 comment:

  1. I must get this. My goal is to use myvipad a lot this summer to get used to it over my Mac Air.

    ReplyDelete